TREKKING THE SUMMIT OF JAVA HIGHEST VOLCANO – SEMERU VOLCANO
- MALANG – TUMPANG – RANU PANE – KALIMATI CAMP ( 2700 m asl )
- 00 AM : Morning time after breakfast, we drive by Jeep 4×4 to Ranupane Village ( 2100 m asl ) and prepare for trekking about 6-8 hour to Kalimati Camp ( 2700 m asl ) before sun down. We will hike in good pace while enjoying view of Mount Argopuro. Sometime you will spot the Big Smoke erupted from Mount Semeru in every 30 minutes till 1 hour. We are arrived in Ranu Kumbolo in the afternoon, having a lunch and coffe/tea break. Our journey will continue to Kalimati with passing view of Savannah just about the feet of Mount Semeru. We make a Tent and dinner, stay overnight on tent. Early morning we will trekking to the Summit.
- SEMERU SUMMIT 3676 M asl – RANU KUMBOLO LAKE – RANU PANE – MALANG
- 00 AM : we continue trekking in the dark way and climbing on rough ground, steep hike about an hour to Arcapada. You have to be careful due the landslide common happen in these area, so make sure that you have a strong torch to light your path. The route to the summit quite straight forward, in the sandy loose ground will again test your stamina. Prepare to slide down when you try to go up. Having trekking poles will be valuable to help you balances with the movement. Most people reach the summit about 3 hours, but it depends on everybody’s ability to keep going. Its been advised by National Park to decent the summit before mid day due the gas produces by continuing smokes of Mount Semeru.
- After reaching the summit ( MAHAMERU ) enjoy the view of the highest mountain in Java Island. You have to see the small scale eruption every 30 minutes full of smokes and stones. So enjoy your achievement today, you have deserved it but mind do not too close to the crater as the Mount Semeru is an active volcano.
- The we descend from the summit back to Kalimati ( camp ) to have a breakfast and to rest for a long morning trek. After breakfast we will continue to Ranu Kumbolo – Ranu Pane village using different router via Mount Ayek-ayek the foot of Mount Semeru. We will arrived in Ranu Pane , you need to rest before drive back to Malang, if we have time we can visit Pelangi Waterfall, before heading back to Malang. Then transfer to Malang for 2 hours. End our tour.
What to Bring :
- Windbreaker / jacket, sweater, gloves, ear cover
- Head lamp ( recommended )
- Sun block lotion
- Insect repellent
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medicines
- Rain coat
- Sun glasses